Perfect_Study_SpaceYour ability to study effectively depends a lot on your study space. The more you are able to concentrate, the more you can learn new skills and give better results. Most of us think, that a good study space is one that is completely silent with zero distractions. But, this is not always true, as you just cannot find a silent space and use it as your work or study area. Rather, find a space that suits your personality and that you are comfortable with. Also, your learning style plays a major role in finding that spot. Some students can study better while listening to music, while some require a dead silent room to focus on their work.
Read below, the 10 ways to build the perfect study spot:
- Discover whether you need a completely quiet area or can work with noises and distractions. You should know that for how long you can work continuously or how frequently you require to take small breaks in between.
- Identify your study area and stick to it. Make sure that the space you are choosing is only used for studying and nothing else. Don’t let anyone claim it for their anonymous purposes.
- Keep it clean. Get rid of the useless stuff and also that which can distract you. An untidy desk is certainly not the best way to study in peace.
- A low-lit area is bad for both studies as well as your eyes. It should set the mood for you to study for the longer duration of hours and not leave you with stress or a headache.
- Make sure that it is breathable. A perfect spot should have enough physical space to allow smooth airflow around you. This spot can vary in the summers and winters. In a cold climate, you need a cozy space whereas, in a hot climate, you could need a more open space.
- Personalise it if you find it too boring. If you find that spending too much time at one place could become boring over time, then just personalize it set the mood right for studying. Some students add plants, superhero mini-figures, or anything that would boost their mood.
- Make sure that you keep the handy materials such as pencils, pens, diary for making notes, etc., in an organized way so that you can use them when the need arises. This will help you in maintaining the focus level by not constantly getting up and looking for items around the room.
- Take small breaks and light snacks to refresh your mood. You will feel tired and hungry as the brain will consume a lot of energy while studying. So, go out for a brief walk and have light snacks to refresh yourself.
You can talk to your parents and teachers if you find yourself not being able to concentrate while studying. They will give you the best guidance that will certainly help in improving the situation.