Your Personal Academic Assistant!
Free resources and tools to guide your academic writing endeavour, successfully! Whether it is writing Dissertation or writing a Persuasive Essay, TutorOpedia is here to help.
How is Academic Writing Different?
Academic writing is way different than writing for a magazine, blog, webpage or for print. The simple reason being, academic writing has to be non-propagative and shouldn’t be biased towards a given viewpoint unless specifically mentioned to do so. Also, there are a lot of rules and regulations that you have to follow when writing an academic paper.
With non-academic writing, you don’t need to back every thought with credibly sourced evidences. You get creative freedom and you can go about writing the way you want to. However, with academic writing you not only have to follow the set of instructions provided, you also have to ensure that every word written is to the point, understandable and is backed by credible academic sources.
Types of Academic Writing
According to the University of Sydney website, Academic writing can be classified in four main types
Although, it is not necessary that you have to write following only one type of academic writing style. In many university assignments, students are often asked to use more than one type. For example, in an empirical thesis:
- You have to imbibe the critical writing approach to demonstrate the existing gap in research.
- In the method section, you have to follow the descriptive writing approach in order to summarise all methods used to gather and analyse informational data.
- In the result section, you have to be both descriptive as well as analytical, in order to report on the collected data.
- In the discussion section, you have to follow the analytical writing approach in order to relate your findings with your research questions. You also have to imbibe the persuasive writing approach to propose your own interpretations of the results.
- Competitive pay-outs!
- Get 24*7 support from our affiliate managers!
- Get associated with our brand!
- Track your performance through your very own dashboard!
- Be your own boss!
Trusted by students from
How can TutorOpedia Help?
TutorOpedia is the go-to place for all your academic writing requirements. Our free resources help students and academicians in writing impeccable academic papers. Right from planning your writing to structuring the written work and mandatory requirements like plagiarism check, proofreading and referencing your written work, TutorOpedia
We believe that every students should have the right tool to guide them through the academic writing process and teach them the nuances of writing academic papers.